Chaine events of offers great opportunities to meet people locally and around the world who share a common interest in fine dining and good friendship. Members are also made to feel especially welcome when patronizing Chaîne member establishments such as hotels and restaurants.
Membership of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is by invitation only. Most new members join through recommendation by friends who are already members, but it is also possible to obtain information and sponsorship directly from the bailliage. E-mail email@example.com for more information.
There are two types of Chaîne membership:
- Professional Member: One who owns or works in either a hotel, restaurant, or the food and beverage industry. Professionals include hotel and restaurant general managers, chefs, sommeliers, and others in the industry.
- Non-Professional Member: One who does not own or work in a hotel or restaurant or the food and beverage industry. The only requirement for non-professional members is a love of fine food and good camaraderie.
Once approved by the bailli (president) of the Bailliage of Greater Washington, D.C., applications for membership are forwarded to the national Chaîne office for final approval. With that approval, new members receive their membership card and are welcome to register for local, national, and international events. New members are formally inducted and receive their membership certificate and the ribbon denoting their rank at a black-tie induction gala, typically held each fall.
Benefits of Chaîne membership:
- Subscription to hard-copy and on-line editions of Gastronome magazine, the U.S. Chaîne’s full color high-quality magazine that reports on Chaîne events around the country and provides a calendar of upcoming opportunities.
- Access to a global network of fellow members and member establishments
- Opportunity to participate in Chaîne events across the U.S. and around the world, including two-day regional “Chapitres” and three-day national “Grand Chapitres”
- Opportunity to interact with renowned chefs
- Gourmet travel opportunities
- For professional members, a listing on the Washington Bailliage and U.S. Chaîne websites
- An especially warm welcome at Chaîne-affiliated establishments around the world
Membership in the Bailliage of Greater Washington, D.C., entitles members to register themselves and guests to all the events* sponsored by the Bailliage. There are typically 10 dinners per year, plus additional wine- and libation-focused events sponsored by the Societe Mondiale du Vin, the branch of the Chaîne that focuses on wine and craft spirits.
The Bailliage’s annual membership dues are $300 per year. Spouse/partner memberships are $100/year. These dues primarily support the Bailliages wine cellar as well as local administrative costs. The wine cellar is stocked with some extraordinary wines, which are selected to accompany virtually every dinner. Members receive a discounted price on all DC Bailliage events, and members under age 35 (écuyers) receive a further discount. Members must remain in good standing with the U.S. national Chaîne, which has separate annual dues.
* All events have capacity limits and registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Some events may be offered first to members only, then to guests as space permits.